Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fern Creek Foxy Roxy

I wrote this forever ago but my blog wasn't cooperating so I'm posting it now slightly out of date!

Who needs Punxsutawney Phil when you have Fern Creek Foxy Roxy? ( I know, my alliteration astounds you.) I have a love for Groundhog's Day. I don't know why exactly but I love that little groundhog and his weather predicting capabilities. One day I would LOVE to go to Gobbler's Knob and see Phil make his prediction first hand. I was a little upset to find out he did see his shadow Saturday and we will be having 6 more weeks of winter. I was REALLY looking forward to an early spring. So I decided to see what prediction the famous Foxy Roxy would come up with and sure enough with the sunny weather we were experiencing she saw her cute little shadow too. I have spring fever BAD!! We are having a beautiful weekend though so I shouldn't complain.

Roxy showing us it's another 6 weeks of winter and boy was she right!!

0 comments: